Do you love to cook and have a passion for learning? As and apprentice you will assist with a cooking class or special event. As an apprentice you'll earn free classes, receive the recipes taught in class, sample the foods cooked, learn new skills and work with chefs and wine makers.
You'll attend two classes as your orientation/training with another assistant. This class will familiarize you with the kitchens, equipment, and expectations. After your two training classes, you are considered "trained" and may start accumulating credits toward free classes as a student. This is one of the fringe benefits for donating your time to us: for every two classes you assist, you may take one class free. Work as many or as few as you like. Assistants are assigned on a first come first serve basis.
- Who Makes a Good Assistant?
- A good assistant does not need to be a professional or a gourmet. A good assistant is someone who is enthusiastic, wants to learn, and willing to work. The instructor relies on assistants to ensure the success of a class.
- How many hours will I work for each class?
- Total time commitment up to 5-6 hours, and you will be on your feet the entire time.
- What are the basic requirements?
- You may help with the mise en place, washing dishes, serving, bussing and lifting up to 40 pounds. Being an apprentice is hard work but fun.
- How do I get started?
- Please call (707) 227-5036 or email Julie for more information or an application.
We look forward to talking to you.
COOKING with JULIE™